* Cancellations: If you need to cancel a confirmed reservation for any reason, no refund of previously paid reservation deposits/prepaid rents will be allowed, unless the reserved property can be rebooked for the same reservation period and price. If we are notified of a cancellation, we will make every effort to rebook and will refund your prepaid amounts, which will be based upon any alternative revenue received, less a 20% cancellation fee of the total rental rate. Any such refunds will only be made once we actually receive the replacement reservation deposits and/or prepaid rents for your reserved booking period. Security deposits are fully refundable. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRIP INSURANCE For information or a quote on trip insurance click here
* Check-In time is 5:00PM and renter should not arrive until the property is ready for occupancy. No exceptions without prior written authorization. Renters that have paid for the early check in option will find the times have been adjusted to reflect the change in times on the rental agreement. Every effort is made to have the premises ready for guest occupancy at check-in time, but we cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy with back-to-back reservations.
* Check-in Instructions: Upon arrival Renter is advised to preform a walk-through inspection of the home and review the inspection report and master known issues list. Notify the caretaker immediately of any inconsistency between the report and your findings. Failure to complete this action may unintentionally hold you liable for damage that occurred before your arrival. Upon your departure a subsequent inspection report will be prepared. You are solely responsible for any and all damage that has occurred between the two reports. Please be advised that this is not negotiable after the fact and the damage security deposit will be charged. Minor accidents can happen and ask that if anything is broken during your stay that you please complete the Oops We Broke Something form and leave the broken item so that we can remove it from inventory and arrange for a replacement.
* Check-Out time is 10:00AM No exceptions without prior written authorization. This policy is strictly enforced to provide housekeeper adequate time to prepare the property for the next guests arrival. Renters that have paid for the late check-out option will find the times have been adjusted to reflect the change in times on the rental agreement. Guests who have not departed the property by 10:00AM shall incur a fee equal to the rental rate for one night.
* Check-Out Instructions: Renter and guests are asked to place everything back where you found it. Please leave all inventory intact including leaving bedding and sheets in the rooms they were originally located. This will assist us in taking inventory after your departure
The following items must be complied with before check out:
1. Dishes, Pots, Pans, Silverware, and Utensils must be washed and dried
2. Stove/oven shall be left in a clean condition
3. Refrigerator should be left clean and free of food
4. All trash put in outside garbage cans when applicable
5. We no longer require that guests remove the sheets. Please place the bedding and pillows on top of the beds for inventory check. Place damp and soiled towels on towel racks.
6. BBQ grates brushed and left clean
7. TURN OFF all lights and fans inside and outside
8. Check all doors and windows to insure they are locked before departure. (If you have any difficulty with locking the doors please notify us immediately as the villa CANNOT be left unlocked)
9. Property should be left neat and in order (same condition it was in when Guest(s) arrived.
* Complaints: All representations made by owner/ owner’s representative with respect to Alpine Lodge are complete and accurate to the best of their knowledge and made in good faith. Owner/ owner’s representative is not responsible for issues outside of their control such as the failure of the water supply, gas, electricity, heating, television, satellite service, Internet service, appliances, hot tub, BBQ, entertainment equipment, etc., though they will endeavor to arrange for any such problems to be corrected as soon as practical. If you have any such problem during a rental period, you must notify owner/ owner’s representative immediately so that we can try and remedy the problem.
* Day Guest Visitors: Guests that have booked a stay and would like to invite family or friends as a day visitor will require pre-authorization. A maximum of two day guest visitors will be allowed at a rate is $10.00 per day. The names of the two authorized day guests must be shown on the rental agreement.
* Directions and Codes: Prior to arrival, the Renter designated in this Agreement, will receive detailed driving directions, access code for your visit and caretaker contact information.
* Events: All rental properties in South Lake Tahoe operate under a rigidly enforced rental permit, which could be jeopardized if regulations are violated. This vacation home is located in a quiet neighborhood of mainly year round residents, because of this and South Lake Tahoe Vacation Rental Laws no bachelor/bachelorette party, wedding/wedding reception, or any other event/party involving more than 8 persons is allowed. All guest's must abide by City of South Lake Tahoe laws including noise ordinance 9:00p.m. - 7:00a.m. City of South Lake Tahoe law requires a fine of up to $250.00 for vacation rentals in South Lake Tahoe. If the police are called for any disturbance calls, that will be deducted from your security deposit. Our neighbors have our phone numbers to call us first so we may call you but this isn't always possible. Communicating this information to all your guests is the responsibility of the lessee.
* Excess Fees: Rate does not include excess cleaning or litter pick up. The following items are not included in the guest service or standard cleaning fee and will be considered to be excess cleaning at a rate of $30.00 per hour: Hot tub/spa left with dirt and debris, oven or range top left excessively dirty, dishes left in the dishwasher or put away in the cabinets dirty, BBQ grill not brushed down and/or left excessively dirty, children's finger prints on windows or dog smears that require excessive window cleaning, excess garbage, failure to break boxes down, Christmas tree removal, fireplace cleaning, spa towels that are borrowed and not laundered.
* Fire Danger: Due to the extremely dry temperatures especially during summer months and distance from the fire department to this location; NO Fire pits, Fireworks or Smoking is permitted on the premises.
* Garbage & Trash: We ask that our guests please help us with trash/garbage and recycling. It is extremely important that garbage and trash be disposed of properly so you do not attract wild animals. Guests will find garbage cans in the garage area. All boxes should be broken down and stored between the garbage cans as boxes have a tendency to use up valuable garbage space. All trash must be in kitchen garbage bags, removed from the house and disposed of prior to departure. Guests will be charged an excess trash fee of $50.00/hr plus dump fees which is defined as anything that will not fit in the garbage cans that are allotted for your stay. Excess fees will apply to trash that is disposed of loose not in kitchen trash bags.
* Hot Tub: Renter is advised that No Lifeguard is on Duty; no glass is permitted in the pool area with the exception of eyeglasses. No running, diving or jumping including jumping off roofs into the swimming pool. * Hot Tub/Spa/Beach Towels: Beach towels and bath robes are also available for guests; we ask that if any of these items are borrowed that they be laundered after use.
* Inspection Report: The house is inspected before and after every guest visit. Upon arrival renter is advised to review the inspection report and notify the caretaker of any inconsistency between the report and your findings. Failure to complete this action may unintentionally hold you liable for damage that occurred before your arrival. Upon your departure a subsequent inspection report will be prepared. Renter is solely responsible for any and all damage that has occurred between the two reports.
* Inventory: The furnishings provided are inventoried upon arrival and departure. A complete set of towels are provided for each guest (Bath, Hand and wash cloth). The kitchen has been labeled with the location of every item along with a complete inventory list in the guest service book. We ask that guests please return items back to the labeled location for ease in taking inventory at departure.
* Lost and Found Items: Guests are reminded to allow enough time before departure to insure that belongings are not left behind as costs associated with return of belongings can be quite expensive. Due to concerns with belongings lost in shipment or damaged in transit we cannot accept the liability for guests belongings. Therefore, guest is asked to contact a local UPS store in your area and arrange for UPS to pick up your belongings. We will require packaging to be sent to us ahead of time along with the return label. The fee for our caretakers time to package and arrange for the shipment is $30.00 per hour. Before belongings can be shipped back a disclaimer is required that states our caretaker will not be responsible for loss or damage. Scheduling the return or picking up of the belongings cannot take place until the next turn day as our policy is not to disturb guests.
* Occupancy Compliance: Renter must be in compliance with the occupancy requirements of our vacation rental permit, insurer and local fire ordinances therefore the guest list must be accurate at all times. Maximum sleeping occupancy is 6 guests on the premises. Primary occupant must be age 25 or older, our caretaker may request to see a copy of a valid driver's license for verification purposes. To insure accuracy of the guest list please be advised that Vacation Holdings, LLC reserves the right to conduct unannounced visits to the property to assure accuracy. Occupancy by additional persons, beyond the specified maximum, will result in the forfeiture of your security deposit and/or early termination of your rental period, without refund or rental fees paid. Renter must understand that this property is intended to be used only by the maximum specified number of persons specified in this rental agreement. Please be respectful of property lines and boundaries between our rental home and our neighbors, and that you must observe "quiet hours" between 9PM & 7AM each day of your visit. All special occasion parties including weddings require prior approval; unauthorized Parties, Live Bands or Disc Jockeys are strictly prohibited. Rates are based on occupancy and number of bedrooms used. Renter is advised that if additional beds are found to be used at departure the security deposit will be charged at the higher rate.
* Pets: NO PETS are allowed in or on the premises at any time without specific written approval showing number of pets approved and pet fee has been paid. Refer to pet policy
* Parking: Our vacation rental permit allows for 3 parking spaces two cars in the driveway and one in the garage. The City of South Lake Tahoe Vacation Rental Law allows a total of 3 vehicles at this location. No on street overnight parking is allowed which is defined as 10:00 p.m. to 6:00a.m. No on street parking is allowed at all during snow season or cars will be towed.
* Reservations: A 20% deposit is required at time of booking, the balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. Sorry, no courtesy holds are permitted please read through the rental polices carefully before placing a reservation by telephone on booking a reservation on line. Once a booking confirmation email has been sent this will be considered to be a confirmed reservation and the terms of the cancellation policy will be enforce. Failure to return a signed rental agreement will not waive the terms of the cancellation policy as once a reservation has been submitted the dates on the calendar are immediately blocked with the inability for anyone else to reserve the property.
* Reservation Changes: No deletions to a confirmed reservation will be allowed. Renter can make additions to the reservation up until two weeks prior to arrival without charge. No charge for up to two reservation changes, a $20.00 reservation change fee will be applied on the third change or after the final confirmation details have been sent.
* Refunds: No refunds issued due to weather, airline, road conditions, power, gas, electrical, pest and insects, appliances, televisions, internet outages or failure of any of the electronic equipment in the home to work properly. Renter is advised that additional persons, beyond the specified guest list, will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit and that it will result in early termination of your rental period, without refund or rental fees and that renter will be held liable for payment of the higher rental rate.
* Security Deposit $100.00: All rentals regardless of stay duration require a security deposit. This deposit is fully refundable within seven (7) days following the end of your rental period if paid by check, deposits paid by credit card will be held and released the day of departure if the premises are left undamaged and all inventory intact and all financial obligations met(guests will find a complete listing of inventory in the guest service booklet). Renter is responsible for any and all damages caused during their stay including damages caused by others in their party and/or their guests. A portion of this security deposit will be used for excess cleaning at $30.00 per hour and/or trash removal at $25.00 per hour plus the dump fee, if the property is left excessively dirty or littered.
* Sleeping Capacity. All guests staying on the premises must pay for sleeping accommodations either by ordering a bedroom or sofa bed. We do not allow guests to bring sleeping bags or air mattresses or guests to sleep on the top of the sofas in the cabin. We reserve the right to cancel reservations if sleeping accommodations are not adequate for the number of occupants listed on the reservation guest list.
* Smoking: This is a non-smoking home. If it is found that any member of the rental party, or guest of the rental party, has smoked inside the home or on the porches/decks/grounds, your security deposit will be forfeited. The entire home is designated as a No Smoking Area.
* Storm and Road Conditions: We recommend that guests consider purchasing trip insurance during the Christmas and New Year’s Holiday and during ski season as No refunds will be given for storms or formidable weather or road closures. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep and often dangerous in snowy or icy conditions. Roads in and out of the Lake Tahoe basin are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive or chains during the winter months.
* Supplies: A complete set of towels are provided for each guest (Bath, Hand and wash cloth). We provide a beginning supply of paper goods; (2 rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom a roll of paper towels, 1 bottle of amenity bath soap and shampoo for each guest. We also provide laundry detergent, dish soap and kitchen trash bags. The kitchen has basic spices and herbs, salt and pepper, sugar, coffee and tea. The outside area has propane for the BBQ.
* Use of Boat Dock: The rental of this home includes use of the east side of the dock facing the channel with boats not to exceed 29 feet in length. Guests are not to use the west side of the boat dock as this side has been reserved for the exclusive use of the homeowner. Renters that would like to bring two boats and have exclusive use of the boat dock must notify us 60 days prior to arrival. If we are able to accommodate the request permission will be granted in writing. No guarantees can be made for exclusive use of both sides of the boat dock during your stay.